Monday, March 7, 2011

"I'm finished with this."

That is what Clay told me this morning after he'd thrown all the crayons he could reach on the floor. It's funny because he's 19 months old and has very few words that he says on a regular basis,yet he blurts out complete sentences and phrases! It's all usually things that he hears Adriana say frequently. For instance,"I'm finished with this." is what she always tells me when she's done with her crayons,glue sticks etc.(items I put away after she's done,you know,to try to minimize the risk of unauthorized "art" on the walls.)
Clay has been "talking" for a LONG time,since way before he was old enough. So young,in fact,that I'd wonder if it was just my imagination,and definitely kept a lot of it to myself because I was certain nobody would believe it! I guess it was around his first birthday that I found out both my oldest daughter and my husband had had that same experience of,"Did he REALLY just say that??! REALLY!? When he does this he will never repeat it when prompted,or even answer questions. Instead he just says,"Huh?",in response to most anything said to him.so forget trying to "prove" it. I love when he does it in front of witnesses! For example,on Christmas Day he said,"I can do it myself!" in front of my mother-in-law. (He was reaching onto a high buffet table with a huge spoon).When he was 13 months old my husband said,"Which kid is this in bed with us?" and Clay sat up and said,"Me! Me!" He often says things like,"I don't want that!" And "Me one of those?" Last night Adriana left piece of chewed gum on the bar and he popped it into his mouth before I could stop him,and he said,"I got gum!" He was marking all over himself with markers a few weeks ago and told me,"I'm doing this!" He tries to take up Adriana's slack,for instance if she's not in the room to ask for their vitamins when I open the cabinet,he'll say,"Vib-a-mins?" I break their vitamins-he gets approximately 1/3 of the tablet. He'll take his piece and deliver the remainder to Adriana,saying,"Here's your vib-a-min!" Never know what he'll say next and it's so much fun:)

No comments:

Post a Comment